1. This postal game takes place over the course of a calendar year. Towards the end of one year the GM makes a list of sporting events taking place in the next.
2. Any number of players can play by predicting all of the events prior to a specified deadline. The GM, if he wants to play too, must do his predictions in advance so they are published with the list of events.
3. A turn report with the latest scores is printed in the zine during the course of the year. Once during the game a player may change 1 or 2 of his predictions at the cost of one point in total (can go into "debt"). Changes can only be made to events that the GM has not "locked" (usually because they are close to resolution). The turn report will indicate which events are eligible.
4. Scoring is 2 points for a correct prediction, and 1 point for a near miss. For events where the outright winner is predicted, the second place team or competitor scores 1 point. For numeric predictions, such as number of medals won, the GM specifies a range (e.g. plus or minus one) that scores a point. The GM should also specify a tie-breaker such as "UK HPI October 2017 average house price" (about £225,000).
5. There are no restrictions on research for this game.
Example Game Report (2017):
|Rugby Union||6 Nations [ 1st England, 2nd Ireland]||Mar||England (2)||England (2)||England (2)||England (2)|
|Snow Boarding||World champs - Men's Parallel Giant Slalom [1st Prom egger, 2nd Karl]||Mar||Benjamin Karl (1)||Andrey Sobolev||Radoslav Yankov||Andreas Prom egger (2)|
|Golf||US Masters [1st Sergio Garcia, 2nd Justin Rose]||Apr||Jason Day||Hideki Matsu yama||Jordan Speith||Justin Thomas|
|Athletics||London Marathon (Elite, men) [1st Wanjiru, 2nd Bekele]||Apr||Sir Mo Farah||Mo Farah||Kenenisa Bekele (1)||Eliud Kipchoge|
|Athletics||London Marathon (Elite, women) [1st Keitany, 2nd Dibaba]||Apr||Jemima Sum gong||Tigist Tufa||Jemima Sum gong||Tirfi Tsegaye|
|Football (soccer)||(English) FA Cup [1st Arsenal, 2nd Chelsea]||May||Man. United||Chelsea (1)||Man City||Man City|
|Football (soccer)||(English) Premier League [1st Chelsea, 2nd Spurs]||May||Chelsea (2)||Chelsea (2)||Chelsea (2)||Chelsea (2)|
|Table Tennis||World champs - Men's singles [1st Long MA 2nd Zhen dong Fan]||June||Zang Jike||Zhen dong Fan (1)
||Long MA (2)||Liu Shiwen|
|Formula 1||British Grand Prix (winning driver) [1st Hamilton 2nd Bottas]||July||Lewis Hamilton (2)||Lewis Hamilton (2)||Lewis Hamilton (2)||Valterri Bottas (1)|
|Cycling||Tour De France (overall winner) [1st Chris Froome]||July||Chris Froome (2)||Chris Froome (2)||Chris Froome (2)||Chris Froome (2)|
|Cricket||No. of test matches won by England v South Africa ||Aug||3 (2)||2 (1)||2 (1)||4 (1)|
|[L] Rowing||World champs - GB total medals||Sept||4||5||4||3|
|[L] Baseball||World Series||Oct||Chicago Cubs||Boston Red Sox||Chicago Cubs||Boston Red Sox|
|Tennis||ATP World Final (singles)||Nov||Andy Murray||Novak Djokovic||Novak Djokovic||Novak Djokovic|
|Tie Breaker||Donald Trump Gallup Approval Rating||Dec||43%||37%||41%||29%|